Course Title: KS3 Vocational Engagement
We only require a 12 week commitment to this courses which reduces yearly cost risks if unsuccessful
Course description: Our KS3 offer is a small offer, designed to help those who are struggling in school or at risk of exclusion. The programme is built around attending a half day session within a vocational subject. These half day sessions are designed to support positive behaviour within school and reduce sanctions. As with our KS4 courses, these are supportive, enriching and creative. The young people will benefit from small class sizes giving much needed support. This creates a learning environment that has high impact and is learner-focused. We work with the individual to identify their strengths and overcome their barriers, giving them sight of their potential. Within a unique environment, we encourage and develop aspirational thinking in each learner, giving them confidence to think about their next steps into KS4.
Course Content options
Painting and Decorating
Health and Social Care / Child Care
Mental Health Support – Subject to suitability (aged 11 - 17.5)
Number of hours per week: - Half day/ two half days -
Programme length: Continuous, with termly reviews
Programme cost £10.84 per hour with a total of two half-days available with a 12 week (min) commitment.
Who is eligible?
Any young person who is KS3 (school years 7 and 9) and is struggling at school or at risk of exclusion. We work with those who are struggling to access school for any reason – mental health problems, behaviour issues, poor attendance or at risk of exclusion. Please note that this course is not aimed at those who are excluded, but can act as a progression
Application process for schools
* Please complete the application form
* Synolos to establish the needs of the learner using provided information and risk assessments where appropriate. Please Note. If the young person has previous demonstrated risky behaviour to others or themselves we will need a full risk assessment to progress any applications
* If we feel the young person is suitable for the Synolos environment, we will arrange for the young person visit and have a formal chat
* Once we have met with the young person, a formal decision will be sent to the appropriate parties via email
Young people will start on a given day and time and will complete a 3 week probation period
* For those with EHCPs, it is important that we have a copy of the EHCP in order for us to assess the needs of the young person and put into place any required additional support.