Course Title: Post 16 supported learning Vocational and work readiness - 4 elements
Course description: Our full-time courses (Entry Level 3 to Level 1) are supportive, enriching and creative - aimed at those who need support to progress to the next stage of their lives, or who have struggled before within traditional educational settings. Our learners benefit from very small class sizes, supported work experience and potential mental health support – an exciting and unique alternative to mainstream pathways. All full-time courses are credits-based, so there is flexibility to change subjects and try out different areas. If needed, courses include English and maths.
Life Skills and Health and Social Studies
Functional Skills – English and maths
Supported Work Experience
Mental Health Support – Subject to suitability (aged 11 -17.5)
Qualification: NCFE E3 - L1:
Start Date: Rolling start from September
Programme length: 1 academic year with the option of a second year
Programme cost: Free for 16-24-year-olds with an EHCP
Who is eligible?
Young people aged between 16 and 18 and 24 who have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Application process for schools
* Please complete the application form
* Synolos to establish needs of the learner using provided information
* If we feel the young person is suitable for the Synolos environment, we will arrange for the young person visit and have a formal chat
* Once we have met with the young person, a formal decision will be sent to the appropriate parties via email
* Learners will attend a 1 hour session for induction and enrolment. At this session young people will need to bring ID and any other paper work such a certificates
* Learners will be given their timetables and full start dates
* Once started each learner will complete a 2 week probation period to decide if this is a suitable programme for them to continual with
* For those with EHCPs, it is important that we have a copy of the EHCP in order for us to assess the needs of the young person and put into place any required additional support
* Synolos reserves the right to refuse anyone a placement